Monday 18 May 2015

The Cost

ATTENTION - To avoid spoilers, read this and this first!

Those posts will explain why I had such a big weekend...

I knew that it would be a big weekend, and I knew there'd be a cost. This was:

1) wasn't really much use for anything else at all for a few days - FATIGUE!
2) tried to make a comeback into the land of the living by racing in the county athletics league on Wednesday night and had another seizure after it (although to be fair I did win the 800m first)
3) Existing problems worsened, including stress fractures in fingers, slipping of left knee, pain in both hips, instability in ankles, co-ordination in hands and arms, etc...
4) completely unable to train after Wednesday's race for nearly five days (basically just sat in bed, except for venturing out in my chair to graduate on Saturday)
5) Huge flare-up of pain all over my body, including weirdly stiff joints (weird for hypermobile me), muscle spasms and extra numbness and weakness, which hasn't calmed down yet
6) Increased headaches, sickness, feeling generally down about stuff, cognitive functioning gone...

BUT

I got these...
Four shiny gold medals.
 ...and these...

...and in particular, I'm going to this:
 'Hashtag worth it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment