Saturday 27 December 2014

Olympia

This is going to be a short post because I'm typing entirely one-handed and it's really slow!

I went to Olympia and, because I was using Sopwith (my wheelchair), we got really good seats; really close to the action.

Like, REALLY close.

We saw some showjumping...

 ...and some driving...


...and the little children with their little Shetland ponies were all very sweet too.
I also managed to get some shopping done, including stuff for my family to give me - some smart clothes for riding (I didn't really have anything before) and a couple of books. There was a great atmosphere, and it was exciting to be so close to everything that was going on in the arena. In fact, the seat was so good that I was sitting next to the official photographer!

Getting around the stalls was quite tricky in my wheelchair, but I wouldn't have managed such a long day with only my crutches. In the evening I randomly started being sick but I won't hold it against the event - it was a great day!

Some day I'd like to ride here myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment