Tuesday 25 November 2014

Three good things

Over the last couple of days, three good things have happened:

1) The twitch that I'd had in my left eye for a month has finally stopped.

2) I picked up my new (well, second-hand, but new to me) bike and went for a little ride on it. I rode along the river, which was beautiful (if VERY cold!) and spent a while just waiting, watching a heron do his fishing.

3) I did an erg. It was only 35 minutes, but that still makes it the longest erg I've done in a while. I aimed to keep my heart rate low and to listen really carefully to the feedback from my body (I had hoped to go for 1 hour, but that was probably a bit optimistic). I waited until my left ankle and hip were ready to give up, pushed it a little further until my hands were ready to join them, then stopped. It wasn't, therefore, a massively difficult work out, but it was still better than nothing.
A cold evening on the Reach.
I can feel that I might have overdone it a bit down my left leg, but I don't care because I still managed to achieve something, even if it wasn't fast or especially technical. My body feels better for having moved about a bit, and my mind definitely feels better for it. In other words, I think today has started well. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment